The challenge as we see it
Used batteries may be considered a hazardous waste because they can contain corrosive liquids, toxic heavy metals or reactive metals. Under the Federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), hazardous waste must be properly identified, stored, transported, treated and disposed of, and generators are financially responsible for cleaning up the effects of improper disposal.
Our differentiated value
We provide an environmentally sound recycling approach for batteries that meets all regulatory requirements and reduces generator liability and administrative burden.
We tailor recycling programs around your needs. By working with us, you can benefit from the following:
- Five fully-permitted recycling facilities across North America
- Two RCRA Part B permitted facilities
- TSCA Permitted PCB (PCB Commercial Storer) permitted facility in Phoenix, AZ
- ISO14001/OHSAS-18001 certifications in Phoenix, AZ
- Solutions for large and small quantities of lamps, ballast and lighting components
- Company-owned processing equipment, retort ovens and distillation equipment
- Company-owned nationwide transportation and logistics capabilities
- Audited and approved 3rd party transportation network
- Audited and approved downstream processing vendors
- Dedicated account and customer service representatives
- Documented packaging guidelines
- Customized reporting capabilities
Our solutions for battery recycling
Wide range of batteries recycled, including: Alkaline; lead acid; lithium / lithium ion; mercury; nickel-cadmium; nickel metal hydride, silver; zinc carbon and more.
We make recycling batteries easy, by offering customizable solutions that are straight-forward and compliant during every step of the process.
- Recycling designed to fit your needs: We have developed recycling solutions for large and small quantities of batteries. Whether you need service for one facility or multiple locations across the country, we can offer a combination of mail-back, prepaid recycling containers for small quantities or can arrange for a pick up for larger quantities.
- Packaging & transportation: We can provide you with a variety of drums and pails to store your waste, and we offer an unmatched fleet of semitrailers, box vans and approved third-party transporters to ship your waste to one of our five fully-permitted recycling facilities. We’ll even provide detailed packaging guidelines to ensure your batteries are packaged in accordance with DOT shipping regulations.
- On-time pick up: When we promise a pick up, we adhere to that promise. Once arrangements are made, you can count on us to be there on time.
- Sorting and processing: Once we receive your waste, we'll sort the batteries into similar chemistries and arrange for processing.
- Documented compliance: Once received and recycled or disposed of properly, we'll issue a certificate, documenting your batteries were received and managed in accordance with all regulations.
How and why, at a glance